Good oral health starts at home
A beautiful, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime should be our ultimate goal. Your personal dental home care plays an important role in achieving that goal. You can achieve it by eating balanced meals, reducing consumption of carbonated drinks and sweets, and correctly using the various dental aids to control plaque and bacteria and prevent dental disease.
Daily Tooth Brushing
Brushing your teeth daily is an essential step to great dental home care. You should brush your teeth in the morning and at night before going to bed. Here are some toothbrushing tips:
- Brush on all angles to include the inner, outer and top surfaces of your teeth
- Brush your gums and teeth gently in small, soft circular motions to keep your bristles on the gums.
- One tip is to use the top of your brush to clean the insides of your front teeth, top and bottom.
- To keep fresh breath, make sure to brush your tongue to remove any bacteria.
FlossingFlossing religiously after meals is vital to maintain your oral health. Flossing helps clean between the gum lines preventing plaque build up. Tips on how to floss:
- Use a about a foot long of dental floss and wrap the both ends on each hand, leaving space to use to floss.
- Wrap floss around each tooth in a kind of “U” shape then move the floss up and down between each tooth to ensure full coverage.
Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water or mouthwash to keep breath smelling fresh and clean.