Dental implants offer you gorgeous smiles by replacing your missing teeth. But, if you want them to last for a lifetime, good oral care and attention must be practiced. Your care for dental implants in La Mesa starts from the moment you leave your dentist’s clinic. To help you take care of your implants, here is a guide on ways to maintain your stunning new smile.
Dental implants are broadly categorized into two types: permanent implants and implant-supported dentures.
Caring for permanent implants
- Brushing – Brush your restoration along with your other teeth twice a day. To be gentle, make sure to use a soft-bristle toothbrush and a non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Flossing – We all were taught the basic self-care task of flossing in our early childhood, although dental implants require a different flossing technique from normal. Your dental implant dentist in La Mesa will educate you on this.
- A healthy and sensible diet – Implants depend on the strength of your underlying bones. So, consuming such foods that keep your bones healthy and strong is vital. Try to minimize intake of sugars, simple carbs, and acidic beverages.
Caring for Implant-supported dentures
- Inspection of the product – These dentures use certain clips, rings and locator caps to keep them in place. Inspect them everyday and any unlikely event found should be reported to the dentist.
- Brush the product – Brush the restoration compulsively every day. Use a good denture brush for the task.
- Soak the product – After your dentist’s recommendation, use the ideal cleaner for this task.
- Maintenance – These dentures are sturdy and appealing, but the hardware appliance underneath needs replacement annually for a firm shape.
Dental implants offer you ample benefits in return for minimum care. So, if you are thinking of getting dental implants treatment in La Mesa, visit our experienced professionals at Smiles of La Mesa and achieve a gorgeous smile today. Get ready to show the world your new smile with our top quality services and stunning results.